A password is a word or string of characters you use for user authentication. You must know it in order to prove your identity or gain approval to access an account. A hacker is a person who illegally gets access to a computer system and tampers with the information.
Tips on how to protect your computer from hackers are below.
- Do not use a password that contains parts of your name or email address.
- Do not include personal information or use consecutive numbers in your password.
- Avoid using a password that has familiar slang terms or phrases.
- Use variations on numbers, punctuation, capitalization and spelling. A secure password is lengthy, random, and unique.
- Use the Bruce Schneier’s Method. It was created by a security expert who recommends that you take a sentence and turn it into a password. Take the words from the sentence, then abbreviate and combine them.
It is also important to protect your computer from viruses by using antivirus software. There are several commercial products that can help protect your computer from various viruses, worms, Trojans and other hacker tools. Your software must be configured to update its database on what to look for. Use a firewall as well because it tries to block hackers from entering or using your computer. Firewall examines electronic data coming in or out of your computer and compares it to the rules. If the data matches the rules, it is permitted to pass. If it does not, it is blocked.